Sport Safety and Security Training and Advanced Education Programme
AN INITIATIVE FOR AFRICAN FOOTBALL
العربية | FRANÇAIS | PORTUGUÊS
The Confédération Africaine de Football (CAF), the International Centre for Sport Security (ICSS) and the Centre International de Formation des Autorités et Leaders (CIFAL) from the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), have established the internationally certified ‘Sport Safety and Security Training and Advanced Education Programme’ for the benefit of CAF members and other relevant football stakeholders in Africa, regarding the safety and security of football competitions taking place on the African continent.
The overall goal of the ‘Sport Safety and Security Training and Advanced Education Programme’ is to enhance, develop, and strengthen the knowledge, skills, instincts, abilities, processes and resources of safety and security professionals across Africa. Participants will acquire new knowledge, develop skills, and join a network of peers from other countries in Africa and internationally which will allow different forms of future mutual assistance and collaboration.
WHO CAN APPLY
The courses are primarily intended for safety and security professionals from national football federations, national and local football leagues, as well as football clubs on the African continent. It is also addressed to other professionals located on the African continent interested in transitioning into the football safety and security industry.
The programme has been structured into thirteen (13) interlinked courses which can be completed as a whole or independently depending on the interest and requirements of the participant.
Each course has duration of fifteen (15) hours of learning which participants can complete over a three (3) week period. All courses are delivered online primarily in English.
Click on each course in the table below to learn more.
|#||Course Title||Course Launch Dates|
|1||Sport Safety and Security Fundamentals||7 – 25 February 2022|
|2||Sport Safety and Security Planning||7 – 25 March 2022|
|3||Major Sporting Event Safety and Security||4 – 22 April 2022|
|4||Threat and Risk Assessments||2 – 20 May 2022|
|5||Pandemic Safety and Security Planning||30 May – 17 June 2022|
|6||Physical Safety and Security Mitigation Measures||19 September – 7 October 2022|
|7||Technical Safety and Security Mitigation Measures||17 October – 4 November 2022|
|8||Operational Safety and Security Mitigation Measures||6 February – 24 February 2023|
|9||Incident Response and Crisis Management||2023|
|10||Safety and Security Command and Control||2023|
|12||Calculating Venue Safe Capacity||2023|
|13||Sport for Sustainable Development in Safety and Security||2023|
MODE OF DELIVERY
All courses are delivered primarily in English online via e-Learning using the ICSS’s Learning Management System (LMS).
Each course will include the following learning activities:
- Video Lectures: Using self-study, participants will have to complete a series of pre-recorded online video lectures on their own at their preferred pace and time of day which fits their schedule.
- Guest Lectures: Supporting the video lectures, the participants will be required to complete a series of guest lectures on the specified course subject. These will be facilitated by leading experts and professionals in the field of sports safety and security.
- Course Knowledge Evaluation: Participants will be required to complete a knowledge evaluation of the course subject matter.
CERTIFICATION AND ACCREDITATION
The ‘Sport Safety and Security Training and Advanced Education Programme’ is certified by UNITAR and delivered by its CIFAL Global Network to meet an exceptionally high training and learning standard and guarantee the participants will increase their knowledge, develop skills, and influence their behaviour. All certificates issued are recognised internationally by CAF, the ICSS and UNITAR.
The certification and accreditation are structured as follows:
- Certificate of Completion:
- Participants shall be awarded the certificate of completion entitled “Award” for each course they successfully complete. This certificate will state the title of the specified course.
- If the participant successfully completes all thirteen (13) courses they shall in addition be awarded the certificate of completion entitled “Sport Safety and Security Specialist”.
- Certificate of Participation: If the participant does not meet the knowledge evaluation requirements (i.e.: fails) but meets the attendance requirements, they shall be awarded a certificate of participation.
- University Credits: Participants also have the possibility to obtain the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). This permits the participants to obtain credits at higher education institutions. For every twenty-five (25) hours of learning, participants obtain one (1) ECTS credit.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested participants are required to complete the following application process:
- Payment of Course Fees: The applicant must complete the payment for their selected course(s) in full. Payment must be made online or via a bank transfer.
Bank transfer (or wire transfer) payment method:
Beneficiary Name: INTL CENTRE FOR SPORT SECURITY
Bank Name: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
Bank Address: P. O. BOX 1000, Doha, Qatar
Account Number: 0250-212-731-002
Swift Code: QNBAQAQAXXX
IBAN: QA75 QNBA 0000 0000 0250 2127 3100 2
2. Enrolment: Once payment has been validated, the participant will be enrolled in their selected courses and receive the required course information.
The following tables details programme fees options and applicable discounts.
|Programme Fees Options||Applicable Discount||Fees (USD)|
|One (1) Course||Standard flat fee||$ 350.00|
|Three (3) Courses||5%||$ 997.50|
|Six (6) Courses||10%||$ 1,890.00|
|Nine (9) Courses||15%||$ 2,677.50|
|All thirteen (13) Courses||20%||$ 3,640.00|
Participants are eligible to receive an additional 15% discount if they are nominated by their respective national football association. The participant will be required to submit a signed letter by their national football association nominating them for the courses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Large group rates are also available. For further information and requirements, please contact email@example.com.
Programme fees include:
- Enrolment and access to course materials via LMS during the scheduled course dates
- Certificate of completion or participation
The course fees must be paid in full upon confirmation of acceptance.
As per our general policy, in the case of cancellation of your participation, programme fees will not be refunded for any reason.