SPORT FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN SAFETY AND SECURITY
Course Title: Sport for Sustainable Development in Safety and Security
Learning Time: 15 hours
Duration: 3 weeks
Key Topics: Safety, Security and Sustainability; Sport’s Contribution to the Social Development Goals; Optimising Investments and Promoting Safety and Security Legacies in the Context of Sporting Events; The Influence of the 2030 Agenda in Protection of Sport and the Involvement of Communities at Risk.
Language: Primarily in English. Translation of courses can be provided upon request
Mode of Delivery: e-Learning
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), which are an urgent call for action by all countries – developed and developing – in a global partnership. Sport will play a key role in driving this global change to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure all enjoy peace and prosperity. As such, sporting events can act as a catalyst to drive this change bringing communities together and creating an unforgettable experience. Ensuring their safety and security needs to be key priority which is at the heart of the SDG.
This course will teach the participants the basics of the 2030 Agenda process in relation to sports and how these guiding principles set the foundation to deliver a safe and secure sporting event. They will learn how to apply these concepts in their jobs, institutions, and everyday life.
This course is delivered online via e-Learning using the ICSS’s Learning Management System (LMS). The participants are responsible for managing their own learning over the three (3) week duration.
Participants are required to complete the following learning activities:
- Video Lectures: Using self-study participants must watch a series of pre-recorded online video lectures covering the knowledge of facts, concepts and theories related to the course subject matter.
- Guest Lectures: Participants must complete a series of guest lectures about the course subject matter. These sessions will provide an added value offering real world applications, lessons learned, insights, and best practices how sport safety and security practitioners have delivered safe and secure sporting events.
- Course Knowledge Evaluation: Participants must complete a course knowledge evaluation administered via a series of multiple-choice questions of the course subject matter. Participants must obtain a minimum passing grade of 75%.
Minimum estimated total learning time is 15 hours approximately.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, participants will be eligible to receive an internationally recognised certificate of completion entitled ‘Award’ in ‘Safety and Security in the Context of Sustainable Development Goals’.
The course fees amount to $ 350.00 US Dollars.
Course fees includes:
- Access to course materials via LMS during the scheduled course dates.
- Certificate of completion or participation.
For more information on course fees and available discounts please refer to the main programme page.
The course ‘SPORT FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN SAFETY AND SECURITY’ is certified by UNITAR and delivered by its CIFAL Global Network to meet an exceptionally high training and learning standard and guarantee the participants will increase their knowledge, develop skills, and influence their behaviour. All certificates issued are recognised internationally by UNITAR and the ICSS.
Participants will access all course materials via a Learning Management System (LMS), which will require a computer or a mobile device with audio and video capabilities, a headset with microphone to connect to audio through the computer or mobile device, as well as a highspeed broadband Internet connection. No special software is required.
As per our general policy, in the case of cancellation of your participation, registration fees will not be refunded for any reason.