PANDEMIC SAFETY AND SECURITY PLANNING
Course Title: Pandemic Safety and Security Planning
Learning Time: 15 hours
Duration: 3 weeks
Key Topics: COVID-19 Protocols, Documentation, Tools, Planning Framework, Roles and Responsibilities, Risk Assessments, Regulations, Bubble Concept
Language: Primarily in English. Translation of courses can be provided upon request
Mode of Delivery: e-Learning
COVID-19 has disrupted the world since 2019 and sport is no exception. It has necessitated the suspension and cancellation of sporting events and mass gatherings globally. Sporting events like other industries have had to adapt to a ‘new normal’ to ensure a safe return of sport during the pandemic.
Participants will examine the impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on the safety and security operations of a sporting event; the guidelines and tools from WHO, Public Health Authorities and Sport Governing Bodies; and how to plan COVID-19 protocols at sporting events.
This course is delivered in English online via e-Learning using the ICSS’s Learning Management System (LMS). The participants are responsible for managing their own learning over the three (3) week duration.
Participants are required to complete the following learning activities:
- Video Lectures: Using self-study participants must watch a series of pre-recorded online video lectures covering the knowledge of facts, concepts and theories related to the course subject matter.
- Guest Lectures: Participants must complete a series of guest lectures about the course subject matter. These sessions will provide an added value offering real world applications, lessons learned, insights, and best practices how sport safety and security practitioners have delivered safe and secure sporting events.
- Course Knowledge Evaluation: Participants must complete a course knowledge evaluation administered via a series of multiple-choice questions of the course subject matter. Participants must obtain a minimum passing grade of 75%.
Minimum estimated total learning time is 15 hours approximately.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, participants will be eligible to receive an internationally recognised certificate of completion entitled ‘Award’ in ‘COVID-19: Safety and Security Planning for the New Normal’.
The course fees amount to $ 350.00 US Dollars.
Course fees includes:
- Access to course materials via LMS during the scheduled course dates.
- Certificate of completion or participation.
For more information on course fees and available discounts please refer to the main programme webpage.
The course ‘PANDEMIC SAFETY AND SECURITY PLANNING’ is certified by UNITAR and delivered by its CIFAL Global Network to meet an exceptionally high training and learning standard and guarantee the participants will increase their knowledge, develop skills, and influence their behaviour. All certificates issued are recognised internationally by UNITAR and the ICSS.
Participants will access all course materials via a Learning Management System (LMS), which will require a computer or a mobile device with audio and video capabilities, a headset with microphone to connect to audio through the computer or mobile device, as well as a highspeed broadband Internet connection. No special software is required.
As per our general policy, in the case of cancellation of your participation, registration fees will not be refunded for any reason.