Vacant Position: Private Security Management Expert
Duty Station/Location: Qatar
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Period: Two weeks
Organisational Setting and Reporting:
This position is opened by ICSS for the purposes of supporting the Safety & Security department. Line Management for this appointment will be via the Head, Sport Event Security at the ICSS with direct work-based support to the Security Director, Tournament Security (Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy).
Within limits of delegated authority and working within the framework of ICSS, the Private Security Management Expert will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a strategy for the deployment of Private Security & Safety Stewards during tournament time.
- Provide input into the development of the National Occupational Standards required for Private Security & Safety Steward personnel to be deployed at official Venues throughout all phases of 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar™ operations.
- Review and where required, develop the Private Security & Safety Stewarding demand model for official venues.
- Develop suitable Private Security & Safety Steward scheduling platforms and systems capable of providing ‘real-time’ demand information.
- Develop the Private Security & Safety Steward Tournament competition venue delivery threat and risk assessment and the required contingency planning to mitigate those risks appropriately.
- Develop identified Standard Operating Procedures to support tournament delivery of Private Security & Safety Steward operations.
- Identify through a Training Needs Analysis, Private Security & Safety Steward training requirements.
- Design and develop appropriate Private Security & Safety Steward training courses.
- Design and develop a Train the Trainer programme for Private Security & Safety Steward service providers to train their personnel.
- Develop role-specific documentation for the reference of Private Security & Safety Steward personnel throughout operational phases.
- Develop venue specific operational deployment plans for Private Security & Safety Stewarding.
- Develop Policies and Procedure documents for Private Security & Safety Stewarding.
- Contribute to the development of the roles and responsibilities matrix for Private & Public Security and Safety Stewarding.
Skills & Competencies:
- Proven leader
- Effectively promotes and builds effective relationships and networking opportunities
- Delivers results
- Self-motivated and committee
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Planning Skills
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience, including previous experience in Major Sporting Events Security and Safety Stewarding Operations.
- Experience in Private Security and Safety Steward planning and scheduling for major sports events.
- Competence in managing Venue Private Security & Safety Stewarding Operations in a multi-venue sports environment.
- Competence in translating client requirements into efficient Private Security & Safety Stewarding Operations.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary organisation and to build active, cooperative partnerships with external organisations in an integrated manner.
- Direct practical experience of providing technical/operational Private Security & Safety Stewarding expertise to major sports events.
- Detailed technical knowledge and understanding of sporting venues’ Private Security and Safety Stewarding requirements.
- Recognised expertise and experience in security aspects of event planning (planning at an international level, especially related to major sports events is considered an advantage).
- Competent in conducting Vulnerability and Risk Assessments to a high level.
- Experience in managing a contracted guard force within a major sporting events venue is considered an advantage.
- Provide expertise at a managerial level where required, and work independently in an operational role as required.
- Experience in designing, developing, and delivering training and education programmes.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
University degree level or equivalent. Master’s Degree an asset.
The salary will be at ICSS’s Senior Manager level and be specifically defined depending on years of relevant working experience and educational background.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a series of a behavioral, competency-based interview, may it be face-to-face or video conference with the recruitment committee (panel).
The selected candidate will join on initial probationary periods of between three and six months.
ICSS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
Candidates will not be considered for employment with ICSS if they have committed violations of International Human Rights Law, sexual exploitation or abuse or crimes other than minor traffic offences, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting on as wide a geographical basis as possible. ICSS places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in response to this vacancy announcement through the submission of a curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation or cover letter.
No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.