THREAT AND RISK ASSESSMENTS
Course Title: Threat and Risk Assessments
Dates: 2 – 20 May 2022
Learning Time: 15 hours
Duration: 3 weeks
Key Topics: Threat, Risk, Venue Attractiveness, Vulnerability, Security Audit, Impact, Likelihood, Calculating Risk, ISO 31000, Risk Scoring Matrix
Language: Primarily in English. Translation of lectures can be provided upon request to official languages of CAF.
Mode of Delivery: e-Learning
Sporting events such as football competitions are highly attractive soft targets. Event organisers need to review and determine the likelihood and impact all threats to their tournament. Safety and security planning for a sporting event must be based on threat and risk assessments to determine the most effective and efficient mitigation measures.
In this course, participants will learn about the art and science of threat and risk assessments. Through qualitative analysis, participants will identify the threats to a sporting event and quantify them graphically on a risk matrix to effectively calculate a risk score.
This course is online via e-Learning using the ICSS’s Learning Management System (LMS). The participants are responsible for managing their own learning over the three (3) week duration.
Participants are required to complete the following learning activities:
- Video Lectures: Using self-study participants must watch a series of pre-recorded online video lectures covering the knowledge of facts, concepts and theories related to the course subject matter.
- Live Guest Lectures: Participants must attend a live webinar session facilitated by a guest lecturer. This will provide real world experience, insight, networking opportunities, and application of the course subject matter.
- Course Knowledge Evaluation: Participants must complete a course knowledge evaluation administered via a series of multiple-choice questions of the course subject matter. Participants must obtain a minimum passing grade of 70%.
Minimum estimated total learning time is 15 hours approximately.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, participants will be eligible to receive an internationally recognised certificate of completion entitled ‘Award’ in ‘Threat and Risk Assessments’.
- Application Deadline: Complete the application by 25 February 2022.
- Confirmation of Acceptance: The results of the selection process will be communicated via e-mail, within five (5) working days following receipt of the application and no later than by 28 February 2022.
- Payment Deadline: Full payment must be finalised within one (1) week following confirmation of acceptance and no later than 4 March 2022.
The course fees amount to $ 350.00 US Dollars.
Course fees includes:
- Access to course materials via LMS during the scheduled course dates.
- Certificate of completion or participation.
For more information on course fees and available discounts please refer to the main programme webpage.
Participants will access all course materials via a Learning Management System (LMS), which will require a computer or a mobile device with audio and video capabilities, a headset with microphone to connect to audio through the computer or mobile device, as well as a highspeed broadband Internet connection. No special software is required.
As per our general policy, in the case of cancellation of your participation, registration fees will not be refunded for any reason.