Investigations Support | Capacity Building | Specialised Training | Monitoring | Whistleblowing
In the framework of its Sport Integrity Unit (SIU), the ICSS provides, upon request, support to various stakeholders including governments, law enforcement agencies and sports organisations in conducting complex investigations to protect sport within the scope of their respective national legislation and in line with international standards and norms.
The SIU has a focus on the identification of criminal networks involved in the transnational manipulation of sport’s results and competitions, sport betting fraud, human trafficking, abuses and other forms of crimes that might happen in the context of sport.
ADDRESSING THREATS TO SPORT
Staffed by a team of senior experts in international law enforcement and sport integrity, the SIU is committed to prevention and countering breaches of integrity in sport, such as:
- FRAUD, INCLUDING MATCH-FIXING AND ILLEGAL BETTING
- CORRUPTION AND MONEY LAUNDERING THROUGH SPORT
- ATHLETE WELFARE, INCLUDING SEXUAL HARASSMENT, ABUSE AND DOPING
- HUMAN TRAFFICKING THROUGH SPORT
- CHILDREN PROTECTION AND HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS IN THE CONTEXT OF MAJOR SPORTING EVENTS
- CONFLICTS OF INTEREST AND BREACHES OF ETHICS
- FANS VIOLENCE
- USE OF SPORT FOR RADICALISATION