SPORT SAFETY AND SECURITY FUNDAMENTALS
Course Title: Sport Safety and Security Fundamentals
Application Deadline: 30 November 2021
Dates: 3 – 21 January 2022
Learning Time: 15 hours
Duration: 3 weeks
Key Topics: Introduction to Sport Safety and Security, Human Rights, International and Regional Safety and Security Frameworks
Language: Primarily in English. Translation of lectures can be provided upon request to official languages of CAF.
Mode of Delivery: e-Learning
Sporting events such as football competitions come in all different shapes and sizes. They bring communities together using sport to create an enjoyable experience. Organisers must provide safe, secure, and welcoming environment for all. However, these sporting events have become attractive targets and are subject to evolving and emerging threats and risks. The safety and security of a such competitions are now more complex than ever before.
Before safety and security measures can be implemented, it is important to understand what they must protect before learning how to protect it. This course will provide the participants with the foundational and fundamental key subjects related to sport safety and security.
This course is delivered online via e-Learning using the ICSS’s Learning Management System (LMS). The participants are responsible for managing their own learning over the three (3) week duration.
Participants are required to complete the following learning activities:
- Video Lectures: Using self-study participants must watch a series of pre-recorded online video lectures covering the knowledge of facts, concepts and theories related to the course subject matter.
- Live Guest Lectures: Participants must attend a live webinar session facilitated by a guest lecturer. This will provide real world experience, insight, networking opportunities, and application of the course subject matter.
- Course Knowledge Evaluation: Participants must complete a course knowledge evaluation administered via a series of multiple-choice questions of the course subject matter. Participants must obtain a minimum passing grade of 70%.
Minimum estimated total learning time is 15 hours approximately.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, participants will be eligible to receive an internationally recognised certificate of completion entitled ‘Award’ in ‘Sport Safety and Security Fundamentals’.
- Application Deadline: Complete the application by 30th November 2021.
- Confirmation of Acceptance: The results of the selection process will be communicated via e-mail, within five (5) working days following receipt of the application and no later than by 1st December 2021.
- Payment Deadline: Full payment must be finalised within one (1) week following confirmation of acceptance and no later than 2nd December 2021.
The course fees amount to $ 350.00 US Dollars.
Course fees includes:
- Access to course materials via LMS during the scheduled course dates.
- Certificate of completion or participation.
The course fees must be paid in full upon confirmation and acceptance.
For more information on course fees and available discounts please refer to the main programme webpage.
Participants will access all course materials via a Learning Management System (LMS), which will require a computer or a mobile device with audio and video capabilities, a headset with microphone to connect to audio through the computer or mobile device, as well as a highspeed broadband Internet connection. No special software is required.
As per our general policy, in the case of cancellation of your participation, registration fees will not be refunded for any reason.