SPORT SAFETY AND SECURITY FUNDAMENTALS
Course Title: Sport Safety and Security Fundamentals
Learning Time: 15 hours
Duration: 3 weeks
Key Topics: Introduction to Sport Safety and Security, Human Rights, International and Regional Safety and Security Frameworks
Language: Primarily in English. Translation of courses can be provided upon request.
Mode of Delivery: e-Learning
Sporting events such as football competitions come in all different shapes and sizes. They bring communities together using sport to create an enjoyable experience. Organisers must provide safe, secure, and welcoming environment for all. However, these sporting events have become attractive targets and are subject to evolving and emerging threats and risks. The safety and security of a such competitions are now more complex than ever before.
Before safety and security measures can be implemented, it is important to understand what they must protect before learning how to protect it. This course will provide the participants with the foundational and fundamental key subjects related to sport safety and security.
This course is delivered online via e-Learning using the ICSS’s Learning Management System (LMS). The participants are responsible for managing their own learning over the three (3) week duration.
Participants are required to complete the following learning activities:
- Video Lectures: Using self-study participants must watch a series of pre-recorded online video lectures covering the knowledge of facts, concepts and theories related to the course subject matter.
- Guest Lectures: Participants must complete a series of guest lectures about the course subject matter. These sessions will provide an added value offering real world applications, lessons learned, insights, and best practices how sport safety and security practitioners have delivered safe and secure sporting events.
- Course Knowledge Evaluation: Participants must complete a course knowledge evaluation administered via a series of multiple-choice questions of the course subject matter. Participants must obtain a minimum passing grade of 75%.
Minimum estimated total learning time is 15 hours approximately.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, participants will be eligible to receive an internationally recognised certificate of completion entitled ‘Award’ in ‘Sport Safety and Security Fundamentals’.
The course fees amount to $ 350.00 US Dollars.
Course fees includes:
- Access to course materials via LMS during the scheduled course dates.
- Certificate of completion or participation.
For more information on course fees and available discounts please refer to the main programme webpage.
The course ‘SPORT SAFETY AND SECURITY FUNDAMENTALS’ is certified by UNITAR and delivered by its CIFAL Global Network to meet an exceptionally high training and learning standard and guarantee the participants will increase their knowledge, develop skills, and influence their behaviour. All certificates issued are recognised internationally by UNITAR and the ICSS.
Participants will access all course materials via a Learning Management System (LMS), which will require a computer or a mobile device with audio and video capabilities, a headset with microphone to connect to audio through the computer or mobile device, as well as a highspeed broadband Internet connection. No special software is required.
As per our general policy, in the case of cancellation of your participation, registration fees will not be refunded for any reason.