Course Title: Crowd Management
Dates: 6 – 24 March 2023
Learning Time: 15 hours
Duration: 3 weeks
Key Topics: Crowd Management, Crowd Control, Crowd Dynamics, Crowd Management Planning Considerations
Language: Primarily in English. Translation of lectures can be provided upon request to official languages of CAF.
Mode of Delivery: e-Learning
Crowd disasters are not a new threat to sporting events having caused tens of thousands of deaths and injuries and continue to do so to this day. All these incidents have been caused by poor facilities, fighting, response to Police tactics, poor ticketing and access control or locked gates. Crowd disasters can be prevented through planning, testing, exercising, good maintenance and risk assessments.
In this course, participants will develop their knowledge and understanding of the theories and concepts related to managing crowds at a sporting event.
This course is delivered online via e-Learning using the ICSS’s Learning Management System (LMS). The participants are responsible for managing their own learning over the three (3) week duration.
Participants are required to complete the following learning activities:
- Video Lectures: Using self-study participants must watch a series of pre-recorded online video lectures covering the knowledge of facts, concepts and theories related to the course subject matter.
- Live Guest Lectures: Participants must attend a live webinar session facilitated by a guest lecturer. This will provide real world experience, insight, networking opportunities and application of the course subject matter.
- Course Knowledge Evaluation: Participants must complete a course knowledge evaluation administered via a series of multiple-choice questions of the course subject matter. Participants must obtain a minimum passing grade of 70%.
Minimum estimated total learning time is 15 hours approximately.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, participants will be eligible to receive an internationally recognised certificate of completion entitled ‘Award’ in ‘Crowd Management’.
- Application Deadline: Please complete the application by 9 September 2022.
- Confirmation of Acceptance: The results of the selection process will be communicated via e-mail, within five (5) working days following receipt of the application and no later than by 12 September 2022.
- Payment Deadline: Full payment must be finalised within one (1) week following confirmation of acceptance and no later than 16 September 2022.
The course fees amount to $ 350.00 US Dollars.
Course fees includes:
- Access to course materials via LMS during the scheduled course dates.
- Certificate of completion or participation.
For more information on course fees and available discounts please refer to the main programme page.
Participants will access all course materials via a Learning Management System (LMS), which will require a computer or a mobile device with audio and video capabilities, a headset with microphone to connect to audio through the computer or mobile device, as well as a highspeed broadband Internet connection. No special software is required.
As per our general policy, in the case of cancellation of your participation, registration fees will not be refunded for any reason.