CALCULATING VENUE SAFE CAPACITY
Course Title: Calculating Venue Safe Capacity
Payment Deadline: 30 January 2023
Dates: 6 – 24 February 2023
Learning Time: 15 hours
Duration: 3 weeks
Key Topics: Safe Capacity of a Venue, P Factor, S Factor, SGSA, Entry Capacity, Holding Capacity, Exit Capacity, Emergency Evacuation Capacity, Social Distancing Capacity
Language: Primarily in English. Translation of lectures can be provided upon request to official languages of CAF.
Mode of Delivery: e-Learning
Sporting event organisers have a responsibility for calculating the safe capacity of their venues. Any venue such as a stadium, training site, fan zone, temporary structure… used for a sporting event will have a required safety certificate which states the safe capacity of that venue.
In this course, participants will be introduced to the concept of calculating safe capacity for a sporting venue based on the best practices and research developed by the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA).
This course is delivered online via e-Learning using the ICSS’s Learning Management System (LMS). The participants are responsible for managing their own learning over the three (3) week duration.
Participants are required to complete the following learning activities:
- Video Lectures: Using self-study participants must watch a series of pre-recorded online video lectures covering the knowledge of facts, concepts and theories related to the course subject matter.
- Live Guest Lectures: Participants must attend a live webinar session facilitated by a guest lecturer. This will provide real world experience, insight, networking opportunities, and application of the course subject matter.
- Course Knowledge Evaluation: Participants must complete a course knowledge evaluation administered via a series of multiple-choice questions of the course subject matter. Participants must obtain a minimum passing grade of 70%.
Minimum estimated total learning time is 15 hours approximately.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, participants will be eligible to receive an internationally recognised certificate of completion entitled ‘Award’ in ‘Calculating Venue Safe Capacity’.
- Application Deadline: Complete the application by 30 September 2022
- Confirmation of Acceptance: The results of the selection process will be communicated via e-mail, within five (5) working days following receipt of the application and no later than by 3 October 2022.
- Payment Deadline: Full payment must be finalised within one (1) week following confirmation of acceptance and no later than 7 October 2022.
The course fees amount to $ 350.00 US Dollars.
Course fees includes:
- Access to course materials via LMS during the scheduled course dates.
- Certificate of completion or participation.
The course fees must be paid in full by 30 January 2023.
For more information on course fees and available discounts please refer to the main programme page.
Participants will access all course materials via a Learning Management System (LMS), which will require a computer or a mobile device with audio and video capabilities, a headset with microphone to connect to audio through the computer or mobile device, as well as a highspeed broadband Internet connection. No special software is required.
As per our general policy, in the case of cancellation of your participation, registration fees will not be refunded for any reason.