CALCULATING VENUE SAFE CAPACITY
Course Title: Calculating Venue Safe Capacity
Learning Time: 15 hours
Duration: 3 weeks
Key Topics: Safe Capacity of a Venue, P Factor, S Factor, SGSA, Entry Capacity, Holding Capacity, Exit Capacity, Emergency Evacuation Capacity, Social Distancing Capacity
Language: Primarily in English. Translation of courses can be provided upon request
Mode of Delivery: e-Learning
Sporting event organisers have a responsibility for calculating the safe capacity of their venues. Any venue such as a stadium, training site, fan zone, temporary structure… used for a sporting event will have a required safety certificate which states the safe capacity of that venue.
In this course, participants will be introduced to the concept of calculating safe capacity for a sporting venue based on the best practices and research developed by the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA).
This course is delivered online via e-Learning using the ICSS’s Learning Management System (LMS). The participants are responsible for managing their own learning over the three (3) week duration.
Participants are required to complete the following learning activities:
- Video Lectures: Using self-study participants must watch a series of pre-recorded online video lectures covering the knowledge of facts, concepts and theories related to the course subject matter.
- Guest Lectures: Participants must complete a series of guest lectures about the course subject matter. These sessions will provide an added value offering real world applications, lessons learned, insights, and best practices how sport safety and security practitioners have delivered safe and secure sporting events.
- Course Knowledge Evaluation: Participants must complete a course knowledge evaluation administered via a series of multiple-choice questions of the course subject matter. Participants must obtain a minimum passing grade of 75%.
Minimum estimated total learning time is 15 hours approximately.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, participants will be eligible to receive an internationally recognised certificate of completion entitled ‘Award’ in ‘Calculating Venue Safe Capacity’.
The course fees amount to $ 350.00 US Dollars.
Course fees includes:
- Access to course materials via LMS during the scheduled course dates.
- Certificate of completion or participation.
For more information on course fees and available discounts please refer to the main programme page.
The course ‘CALCULATING VENUE SAFE CAPACITY’ is certified by UNITAR and delivered by its CIFAL Global Network to meet an exceptionally high training and learning standard and guarantee the participants will increase their knowledge, develop skills, and influence their behaviour. All certificates issued are recognised internationally by UNITAR and the ICSS.
Participants will access all course materials via a Learning Management System (LMS), which will require a computer or a mobile device with audio and video capabilities, a headset with microphone to connect to audio through the computer or mobile device, as well as a highspeed broadband Internet connection. No special software is required.
As per our general policy, in the case of cancellation of your participation, registration fees will not be refunded for any reason.