SAFETY AND SECURITY AT MAJOR SPORTING EVENTS
Course Title: Safety and Security at Major Sporting Events
Payment Deadline: 28 March 2022
Dates: 4 – 22 April 2022
Learning Time: 15 hours
Duration: 3 weeks
Key Topics: Major Sporting Events, Size, Scope, Safety and Security Theatre of Operations, Integration, Guidelines
Language: Primarily in English. Translation of lectures can be provided upon request to official languages of CAF.
Mode of Delivery: e-Learning
Major Sporting Events (MSE) are very exciting global sporting experiences typically occurring every few years where communities rally together over sport to create an unforgettable experience. The top three (3) MSE include Olympic Games, FIFA World Cups and Rugby World Cups; however, there are many more examples which fall under this category. A safe and secure MSE is the aim and hope of all those involved in its planning as well as the millions of people around the world for whom it represents the ‘greatest show on earth’.
In this course, participants will be introduced to the size and scope of a MSE and what safety and security operations are required to deliver a safe and secure event. This is merely an introduction to the research and best practices around delivering successful MSE.
This course is delivered online via e-Learning using the ICSS’s Learning Management System (LMS). The participants are responsible for managing their own learning over the three (3) week duration.
Participants are required to complete the following learning activities:
- Video Lectures: Using self-study participants must watch a series of pre-recorded online video lectures covering the knowledge of facts, concepts and theories related to the course subject matter.
- Live Guest Lectures: Participants must attend a live webinar session facilitated by a guest lecturer. This will provide real world experience, insight, networking opportunities, and application of the course subject matter.
- Course Knowledge Evaluation: Participants must complete a course knowledge evaluation administered via a series of multiple-choice questions of the course subject matter. Participants must obtain a minimum passing grade of 70%.
Minimum estimated total learning time is 15 hours approximately.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, participants will be eligible to receive an internationally recognised certificate of completion entitled ‘Award’ in ‘Safety and Security at Major Sporting Events’.
- Application Deadline: Complete the application by 28 January 2022.
- Confirmation of Acceptance: The results of the selection process will be communicated via e-mail, within five (5) working days following receipt of the application and no later than by 2 February 2022.
- Payment Deadline: Full payment must be finalised within one (1) week following confirmation of acceptance and no later than 7 February 2022.
The course fees amount to $ 350.00 US Dollars.
Course fees includes:
- Access to course materials via LMS during the scheduled course dates.
- Certificate of completion or participation.
The course fees must be paid in full by 28 March 2022.
For more information on course fees and available discounts please refer to the main programme webpage.
Participants will access all course materials via a Learning Management System (LMS), which will require a computer or a mobile device with audio and video capabilities, a headset with microphone to connect to audio through the computer or mobile device, as well as a highspeed broadband Internet connection. No special software is required.
As per our general policy, in the case of cancellation of your participation, registration fees will not be refunded for any reason.