COVID-19: SAFETY AND SECURITY PLANNING FOR THE NEW NORMAL
Course Title: COVID-19: Safety and Security Planning for the New Normal
Application Deadline: 25 March 2022
Dates: 25 April – 13 May 2022
Learning Time: 15 hours
Duration: 3 weeks
Key Topics: COVID-19 Protocols, Documentation, Tools, Planning Framework, Roles and Responsibilities, Risk Assessments, Regulations, Bubble Concept
Language: Primarily in English. Translation of lectures can be provided upon request to official languages of CAF.
Mode of Delivery: e-Learning
COVID-19 has disrupted the world since 2019 and sport is no exception. It has necessitated the suspension and cancellation of sporting events and mass gatherings globally. Sporting events like other industries have had to adapt to a ‘new normal’ to ensure a safe return of sport during the pandemic.
Participants will examine the impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on the safety and security operations of a sporting event; the guidelines and tools from WHO, Public Health Authorities and Sport Governing Bodies; and how to plan COVID-19 protocols at sporting events.
This course is delivered in English online via e-Learning using the ICSS’s Learning Management System (LMS). The participants are responsible for managing their own learning over the three (3) week duration.
Participants are required to complete the following learning activities:
- Video Lectures: Using self-study participants must watch a series of pre-recorded online video lectures covering the knowledge of facts, concepts and theories related to the course subject matter.
- Live Guest Lectures: Participants must attend a live webinar session facilitated by a guest lecturer. This will provide real world experience, insight, networking opportunities, and application of the course subject matter.
- Course Knowledge Evaluation: Participants must complete a course knowledge evaluation administered via a series of multiple-choice questions of the course subject matter. Participants must obtain a minimum passing grade of 70%.
Minimum estimated total learning time is 15 hours approximately.
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, participants will be eligible to receive an internationally recognised certificate of completion entitled ‘Award’ in ‘COVID-19: Safety and Security Planning for the New Normal’.
- Application Deadline: Complete the application by 25 March 2022.
- Confirmation of Acceptance: The results of the selection process will be communicated via e-mail, within five (5) working days following receipt of the application and no later than by 28 March 2022.
- Payment Deadline: Full payment must be finalised within one (1) week following confirmation of acceptance and no later than 1 April 2022.
The course fees amount to $ 350.00 US Dollars.
Course fees includes:
- Access to course materials via LMS during the scheduled course dates.
- Certificate of completion or participation.
The course fees must be paid in full upon confirmation and acceptance.
For more information on course fees and available discounts please refer to the main programme webpage.
Participants will access all course materials via a Learning Management System (LMS), which will require a computer or a mobile device with audio and video capabilities, a headset with microphone to connect to audio through the computer or mobile device, as well as a highspeed broadband Internet connection. No special software is required.
As per our general policy, in the case of cancellation of your participation, registration fees will not be refunded for any reason.